LM loves Dora the Explorer, especially the character Swiper. So when I came across a $1 pack of Dora stickers, I knew I had to "swipe" them so that my little guy could have some learning fun.
The inside contains 3 learning activities.
1.Patterns (1st activity)
2. Counting (use game pieces stored in the back of center)
1. Put all of the pieces in a pile facing upward. Take turns picking one and finding it's match.
2. For older children, put the characters facing down and play the traditional matching game.
3. For younger children, place 5 characters on a tray and mix up the 5 matches. Have them find the match and place it next to the ones on the tray.
1.Hide all of the Dora characters in the rice. How many Swipers can you find? Find the swipers and count. Next, Where are all of the Doras? Count. Do this with all of the characters.
2. Another variation- hide one set of the characters in the rice. Place the others on a tray. Have your child find a character and then match it with the one on the tray.
If your child doesn't like Dora the Explorer, keep in mind that you can make something similar with your child's favorite characters!
One pack of stickers, many possibilities!
Written by Jen