I'm so excited to bring you my annual, printable Activity Advent Countdown! I used ideas, printables, and resources (list below) found around the web to make counting down to Christmas fun and educational!
2012 Activity Advent Countdown
1. M&M Wreath
3. Bow Painting
10. Christmas Memory
25. Merry Christmas!
Where to Start:1) Print the 2012 Activity Advent Countdown. This includes the countdown cards and a list of activities. Print the Materials List.
2) Set up the 25 countdown cards to get your child excited about the Countdown to Christmas Activities.
* Put each card in a small box and wrap them. Let your child unwrap a box each morning and that is the activity of the day (regardless of the number)
· * Put the cards in a jar and have your child pick a random one out.
· *Attach them to a piece of garland with clothes pins and take one down each day in order.
· * Make a pocket chart with library pockets from the dollar store or by sewing felt into a grid and put the cards in the pockets in order. Pull one out each day.
· * Make a chart with the numbers 1-25 on it. Have your child pick and cross off a number each day. That number would be the activity of the day.
· * Hang the cards from the lower branches of your Christmas tree and let your child pick the activity for the day by picking one to take off of the tree.
3) I print all of the activities and gather my materials ahead of time so that I can just grab what I need for that day. That way the work is done and I can enjoy the countdown with my kids!
For more countdown activities and printables, visit my:
Short on Time?
You can buy a Christmas Countdown Kit (different activities) from our store, Time for Tots. It comes laminated, organized, and ready to use with directions and extra ideas included!
2 Teaching Mommies
Share & Remember
Motherhood on a Dime
Children's Learning Activities
Little Family Fun
Me & Marie Learning
I Can Teach My Child
Tons of Fun
House of Baby Piranha
Play and Learn with Dana
Kinder Kids Fun
Free Homeschool Printables
Leapfrog & Ladybugs